Tuesday, April 22, 2014

7.5 Months- Dead Sea Salt Bath

I took my first Dead Sea Salt bath on Sunday. I put in two cups, but after a few seconds of not feeling anything I threw in one more cup and then I felt it. Burning. Good Burning. Like the first time I took the Epsom salt bath. It burned and tingled everywhere, I felt my poor skin screaming. I felt my face throbbing and that's when Ian popped in to tell me in had been minutes. That's when I braved the rest off the bath and soaked my face on and off for the remaining 10 minutes.

Here I am, two days later after the bath.


I unfortunately attacked my wrist a little bit. :(



 For the last few days my hands and wrist have been giving me problems and I'm getting those little hives again. I know it's going to be getting bad again, I think I hit it at the right time with the bath. But who knows what will happen in the long run.

7 comments:

  1. Yay, everything that's in there is great for your skin. Even though I haven't "seen" the effects I know that this is good for my skin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious to see how these work for you since your skin is actively flaring compared to mine when I first started the baths. At the very least it should help with oozing and retaining moisture. I put in 3 cups in for mine. Definitely take another bath if you're getting itchy or too flaky! Every other day is good. I just ordered 120 more lbs! The UPS man must've been scratching his head. Keep us posted on your progress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I always love visualizing the mail carrier with a giant box of salt. :p

      Delete
  3. Hi Cat, just wanted to say to be sure to keep water temp at 95-99 and no hotter, and be careful to not scratch while doing a dss bath, but do lightly rub your skin after about 10 minutes just to rub off any excess dirt or lint stuck to sores. Always soak for 20 minutes otherwise your skin doesn't absorb the minerals. Hope I'm not being too redundant but wanted to make sure you knew these things just in case. When my skin was at it's worst I used to burn a little for the first 10 minutes but by the end of 20 minutes my skin always felt great. Then it would feel itchy for about 12 hours but by the next day the itch is gone and the skin is in better condition and feels much better. You're gonna love these baths!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're not being redundant at all! I actually forgot what temature it neede to be, but I just popped over to your blog. I just started a flare and was wondering how often the baths can be taken?

      Delete
    2. They can be done once a day but not for too long. I think when I was flaring I did them every two days. I did them once a day during my initial MW. I have found every 2-3 days hits the sweet spot most times.

      Delete