Friday, January 9, 2015

Day 489- Emergency Dermatologist Appt.

I broke down and went to a dermatologist. I really didn't want to because...well we all know why. They don't believe in TSW and try to force steroids on me every time. I was very firm in telling her no, she then suggested the "cousin to topical steroids" which was protopic. NO! NO! NO!

When the heavier steroids stopped working I turned to the Protopic, which was a miracle. It worked wonderfully! Every three days...until my eczema would come crawling back enveloping my body. Here's a photo of me back in August 2012.

 I'm slathered in Protopic. Then it would burn, it would continue to burn sometimes for days.. I describe the "burn" feeling something like the frost bite feeling you get after playing in the cold snow for too long.

Luckily she took no for an answer and gave me a big ol list of prescriptions, as I had two severe infections. She gave me a bacteria ointment for the scaling around my mouth, a new antibiotic, hydroxyzine (which doesn't help!) and a new skin barrier cream called epicerum. ALL STEROID FREE! She also says my skin barrier is compromised and I need heavy moisturizing. That doesn't work for me. I don't want to. But maybe I'll do this short course of moisturizers and antibiotics and then go back to moisturizer withdrawal. I won't look forward to doing that again. I remember the first week or so was pretty painful, who knows maybe this will be for the better.

Lots of Samples.

No comments:

Post a Comment